- an overview of theoretical models of ASD
- an overview of the relationship between ASD and mental health conditions, and other neurodevelopmental conditions that overlap with autism
- an understanding of the treatments and supports available to minimise the negative impacts of ASD.
- an understanding of symptoms and behaviours associated with the diagnosis of ASD including risks and strengths
- an understanding of the challenges that people with ASD may encounter
- an understanding of effective strategies for communicating with people diagnosed with ASD
- an understanding of the implications arising from detention under the MHA for people who are diagnosed with ASD and for their family and carers.
Who is it for?
This course is delivered as two, half-day workshops for Approved Mental Health Professionals
The National Vocational Education Qualifications Framework (NVEQF) LEVEL 7
Trainer presentation, video, discussion and post-course resources and activity. The trainers are Chris Barson and Emma Woodhouse.
£1750 + VAT for up to 25 participants.
How do I book?
Use the 'contact us' button to start the process.